My dysfunctional relationship with LinkedIn
The mind boggles when our clients tell us they are frantically updating their profiles, untouched since starting a job and only flocking to it when in desperate need. LinkedIn deserves some nurturing and works at its optimum when maintained regularly. The most important thing is that your profile is written well. Talk to the experts.
How to attract recruiters to you through LinkedIn
- SEO your profile – Develop a keyword strategy and organically incorporate these key words into your profile to attract both search engines and potential recruiters. Make a list of search terms associated with your skill set, rework them and compile a list of synonyms. The trick is getting them to fit seamlessly into the copy and to make sense. This, when done right increases your search ability and presence on LinkedIn and you can be found easily by the hiring squad.
- Picture perfect – A professional looking picture is a must have on LinkedIn. It shows recruiters that you are active and contactable. Suggest using a picture thatputs you in context of your job. Chef – kitchen, Carpenter – workshop etc, etc
- Recommendations – Solicit recommendations from those you have worked with. Approach varying connections to build a fuller profile. Get them to highlight a myriad of skills. This gives hiring managers a very holistic view of your accomplishments and capabilities.
- Connect – The more connections you have on LinkedIn the more likely you will come up on a hirers’ radar. Join groups that are relevant to your field and among them could be your future employer.
- Share – This can be tough but shouldn’t be. Actively engage in LinkedIn. Share content or comment . This makes your profile more viewable. Interactions make you visible to not only group member but their connections. You never know who’s super impressed by your point of view!
If this works for you or you have more tips please share with us in the comments box
Please visit Global CV Solutions/LinkedIn page . Learn how we can improve your profile.